Serverless Stack is an open source guide for building and deploying full-stack apps using Serverless and React on AWS. Create a note taking app from scratch using the Serverless Framework and Create React App. Follow our step-by-step tutorials with screenshots and code samples. And use our GitHub Issues if you have any questions.
Brought to you by
Our comprehensive tutorials include
- Step-by-step instructions with screenshots for setting up your AWS services
- Build a REST API backend with our Serverless tutorial
- Easy to understand explanations for creating a single-page application with our React.js tutorial
- Over 50 tutorials that take you all the way from creating your AWS account to deploying your app on your own domain
- Complete code samples hosted on GitHub for both the backend and frontend
- Up to date info thanks to contributions from the community
- Comments on GitHub issues to answer your questions
- And it’s all free!
Here is what folks are saying about us
I just completed your tutorial on the Serverless stack, and it was fantastic. It was carefully thought out, well-written, and incredibly thorough. You guys rock!
‒ Chris Deery, Architect at QuickBase
This is the best and most comprehensive fullstack serverless tutorial available. Take the time to go through every step, you will learn a ton!
‒ Marcus Molchany, Engineer at Fullscreen
Rarely do tutorials neatly break things down into bite-sized steps. Even rarer do they clearly explain what each step is for and why it is necessary. The Serverless-Stack is the Holy Grail that does all three.
‒ Allison Yaeger, Independent UX Architect
I think this is the best tech tutorial I've read in the last 20 years. It's detailed, well-written, covers a multitude of the latest technologies, and the layout of each chapter makes the subject matter easy to digest. Cheers!
‒ Kevin, Engineer
Outstanding intro to going serverless on AWS!
‒ Dennis Burke, Technical Lead at Cox Automotive
Table of Contents
- Who is this guide for?
- What does this guide cover?
- How to get help?
- What is serverless?
- Why create serverless apps?
Set up your AWS account
Setting up the Serverless Backend
- Create a DynamoDB table
- Create an S3 bucket for file uploads
- Create a Cognito user pool
- Set up the Serverless Framework
Building a Serverless REST API
- Add a create note API
- Add a get note API
- Add a list all the notes API
- Add an update note API
- Add a delete note API
Deploying the Backend
Setting up a React App
- Create a new React.js app
- Handle routes with React Router
Building a React App
- Create a login page
- Create a signup page
- Add the create note page
- List all the notes
- Display a note
- Set up secure pages
Deploying a React app on AWS
- Deploy the Frontend
- Deploy updates
- API Gateway and Lambda Logs
- Serverless environment variables
- Customize the Serverless IAM Policy